ABOUT this campaign
What is this all about?
- A lack of toilets in rural Indian schools affects school children, especially girls
- Without toilets, a child’s entire life can drastically change
- Because many schools lack toilets, rural Indian children are forced to openly defecate/urinate or quit school
- Proper sanitary facilities raise the percentage of school-attending children and increase the self esteem and health of girls in rural India while sustaining their education.
- Establish toilets through fundraising in rural Indian schools, with a main focus of making sure that girls will have access to a toilet
- Provide sanitation and self-hygiene education, including why open defecation/urination is unhealthy, explain the importance of toilets
- Besides establishing toilets, provide any needed sanitary supplies for the schools and continue maintenance
past Sponsors and partner Organizations
The Bhagavatula Charitable Trust guided us through learning how to successfully implement a project and helped us truly understand the needs of the communities we are serving in India. Under their guidance, we successfully built our first toilet block at Denderu.