ABOUT this campaign
What is this all about?
- A lack of toilets in rural Indian schools affects school children, especially girls
- Without toilets, a child’s entire life can drastically change
- Because many schools lack toilets, rural Indian children are forced to openly defecate/urinate or quit school
- Proper sanitary facilities raise the percentage of school-attending children and increase the self esteem and health of girls in rural India while sustaining their education.
- Establish toilets through fundraising in rural Indian schools, with a main focus of making sure that girls will have access to a toilet
- Provide sanitation and self-hygiene education, including why open defecation/urination is unhealthy, explain the importance of toilets
- Besides establishing toilets, provide any needed sanitary supplies for the schools and continue maintenance